Saturday, April 16, 2011

Learning Log 4

On Wednesday, our class of 42 had our performance of act 1 scene 1 in the AVA room. It was really scary for me although I'm comfortable with being outspoken in front of a crowd or familiar faces, but however, this time I had pitch my voice to make it sound sinister and evil to suit the personality of a witch I am acting. Although it seemed hard and impossible, I managed to do it somehow, which was kind of an achievement for me after this play.

But of course, lots of preparation had to be done to make this play a success and clinch as many marks as I could for the mid-year examinations. During the time allocated for making props and rehearsing was the SYF and my group members, Calisa and Steffi, and including myself were involved in the SYF. Thus, we had to allocate work properly amongst us. So, Calisa and I were in-charge of getting cloth, and Steffi was in-charge of doing up the slides. We had fun doing the props and tried to mimic the high-pitched voices of the witches.

I felt very happy to be involved in the production of Macbeth act 1 scene 1 as it is rather enjoyable to see all my friends putting in effort to stage a performance for everyone, even the emcees. They tried to make the event more lively, for example, Jia Le who was trying to make us laugh when he asked us to breathe if the previous group's performance was good, and it was entertaining while waiting for the next group. I personally enjoyed Phania and Sanjna's group as they had many props and made alot of effort to make their costumes, also Jing Yan looked really like a witch and ghostly. Sanjna's group had used umbrellas which the other groups did not thought of. It was funny how Jia Le entered the scene with a sinister laugh, which made the whole class laugh.

Overall, I feel that 2 Commitment had put in alot of effort for our play and did our best. I felt that it was fun working with my two classmates and I had enjoyed the program planned by our literature teacher, Mrs. Woo. However, I think that if there is more time for preparation works, more groups could have scored much better. I look forward to the next production of Romeo and Juliet after this Macbeth performance as I have a better impression of Literature now, being not just about stacks of books and texts but expressing ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment