Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Learning Log 6

For the past few literature lessons, we have been learning more about literary devices. They are divided into imagery, sound, diction and sentence structure devices. The purpose of using imagery devices is to paint an imaginary picture in the minds of the reader, so that they can "see" the image portrayed by the poet through words. Sound devices add on to the effect made by the different devices such as onomatopoeia, which lets the persona echo the sound they are producing. After all the lessons on the unseen prose, I still could not answer questions in the worksheet and I find it very difficult for me to do the questions. I don't get how to identify the literary devices in the prose/poem given as I feel that I don't understand the passage no matter how many times I had read it. I hope that I can improve more on how to answer the questions by myself.

1 comment:

  1. Hui Min, understand your frustration but do not give up. It will take some time for you to master the art of picking out the appropriate literary devices for critique. Keep trying and I'm sure you will get the hang of it in no time;)

    ReplyDelete