Thursday, January 27, 2011

Learning Log 2

During the lesson on superstition and presentation of Macbeth (act 1, scene 1), I've learnt a lot about superstitions that I had never heard before. They are, for example, do not wash your hair before a test or you will forget everything you had studied. I do believe that superstitions are not true, but it is alway better to be safe than sorry. I did not think of why superstition and Macbeth are related. But after the lesson, I learnt that perhaps Shakespeare wrote Macbeth with 3 witches is because they believed that there were witches all around them. It was also fun when 3 of our classmates were chosen to portray the witches as it was hilarious to see them pitch their voice really high. I had also managed to recite a few lines of those witches like " Fair is foul and foul is fair. Hover through the fog and filthy air". I think that this lesson can be improved if everyone can research on more numbers of superstitions and we can learn more about it, especially ones that are around Shakespeare's era to understand his plays we are learning

No comments:

Post a Comment